The Adventures of Lauren & Bubba

Feel free to change any of this.

Saturday, August 12, 2006

Several things have come to my attention over the past few days. I guess I should post more on my blog. Blogs are weird. I must say. It seems to me they are supposed to approximate a diary, no? But it is a PUBLIC diary, which kind of defeats the purpose of writing down your PERSONAL thoughts. When everyone can read my thoughts, it causes me, at least, to impose some self censorship on what I might write. So, there's that. I'll try to post at least once per city.

I just got off the phone with a very dear friend of mine. He is the sweetest, kindest man you could ever meet, and last night, he was mugged. Well...mugged isn't exactly the right word. He was actually kind of bitch-slapped by about four, delinquent 15 yr-olds on the prowl at midnight. My buddy, whom I affectionately call the White Rabbit, was talking to his mother on his cell phone, strolling down 9th street in the east village when one of the teens ran up to him and slapped him, causing the White Rabbit to drop his cell phone, with mother reeling on the other line. The teens then scooped up his cell, and ran away...laughing. I think Mr. Rabbit should have his own sitcom. His life is amazing, and the way he carries himself through his daily trials and tribulations is really unique and entertaining. That said, he's okay. I was worried that they may have muddied up his face, but they didn't.

I also got shitfaced last night...off of 2.5 pints of beer. I am weak. We had a very emotionally exhausting rehearsal on Friday as we performed in front of the Broadway cast of Spelling Bee. I seriously wanted to vomit and had a sort of shuddery feeling in my chest during the entire run. The cast was very sweet, however, especially Barrett and Derek. My friend Peter Cook also came and added his merry laugh, which kept me from vomiting I think.

Well, there's more of my strange thoughts. I guess I'm going to clean my apartment now, so that someone else can move in here and pay too much money.

:0)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home